Hi Jason,

There is a risk of damaging the microinverter if the input voltage goes over
the "Max Input Voltage" as listed on the
datasheet<https://support.enphase.com/s/article/Enphase-IQ-7-and-IQ-7plus-Microinverter-Data-Sheet>.
  The max input voltage is 48Vdc for the IQ 7s and 60Vdc for the IQ 7+
microinverters.  You can reference the Enphase Module Compatibility
Calculator<https://www4.enphase.com/en-in/support-module-compatibility-en> and
see if that specific module is compatible in that specific location.

The largest risk of seeing a high voltage at the input terminal will occur on a
cold day when the electricity is out or breaker is off.  If the utility power
is present and in range, then the microinverter will likely be powered up and
will pull the DC module voltage down to the Vmp.

Cordially,

Nick Soleil

Enphase Energy Senior Product Manager

(707) 763-4784 x7267  // office

(707) 321-2937  // cell

Powering What’s Next™ | The Enphase Energy Management
System<https://enphase.com/en-us/products-and-services/envoy>

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer #03262011-300

California C10 Licensed Electrician #986315