The 2021 IPC (Section 903) requires vents to terminate at the height
specified by the AHJ (in fact the text of the document literally says "not
less than [NUMBER] inches (mm) above the roof" which I believe in general
is based on 6 inches above anticipated snow cover.

The 2021 IPC also specifically addresses things like PV modules over vents
- when the vent is covered, like by a PV module, and thus cannot be covered
by snow, the vent can terminate 2 inches above a sloped roof. There must be
an "open area for the pipe to the outdoors" not less than the I.D. of the
pipe, and there must be means to prevent birds/rodents from
entering/blocking the pipe.

Brian Mehalic
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professionalā„¢ R031508-59
National Electrical CodeĀ® CMP-4 Member
(520) 204-6639

Solar Energy International
http://www.solarenergy.org