Try Brown and Brown. They are who we use.  Chris

On 6/24/2022 11:48 AM, Luke Christy via RE-wrenches wrote:
Hi Wrenches,
Like many of you, I have been in PV industry a long time. I have focused on design-build operations in the off-grid realm. In recent years I have started shifting toward doing more consulting work, and having picked up a few high value clients, I am feeling the need to revisit my insurance and add professional liability insurance in addition to my GL policy. This has proved a little more difficult than expected, as my current underwriter does not offer a professional liability policy for our class of business and, and our local insurance agent is kind of out of their depth with respect to this anyway. I am a solo practitioner and don’t really represent a large account for my insurance company, so there’s little incentive for them to work hard to find me a good solution.

I suspect that many Wrenches are or have been in a similar situation, so I’m wondering if anyone has advice/or comments on their experience with these issues.  If you’ve had positive experience with a particular underwriter or insurance company for solar consulting work, that would be information I’d love to hear.

This is probably a reply-off-list topic.

Thanks in advance.

Luke Christy

Renewable energy consultant.

NABCEP Certified Solar Professional™: