Howie

      48 volt lithium battery charger. Signature solar sells one.

Peter Giroux

American Solar

From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of
Howie Michaelson via RE-wrenches
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 9:59 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Cc: Howie Michaelson <howie.michael...@gmail.com>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Dark Starting Simpliphi PHI3.5 batteries

Hi All,

I was called into a job of a previously off-grid system that new owners had an
electrician bring the grid to, but the batteries ( a pair of Simpliphi 3.5,
which I have no experience with) have been dead for an unknown period of time
previously. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to restart the system
which has a VFX 3648 and FM60. I'm thinking the easiest way is to bring in a
48volt charger to get the battery voltage up high enough to start the FM60
and/or VFX, but that means purchasing a 48 volt charger, since I don't have any
Iotas sitting around any more.  If anyone has an easier way to restart the
batteries I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Howie

Howie Michaelson