Sounds like a good system and has been through some growing pains. 8 years of
software upgrades, internet connectivity and a lightning strike. I would say
yes, an 8 year old battery bank might need to be replaced. I’d start with a
load test looking for a particular battery issue. Also, I’d look at the
OpticsRE to see what all the settings are that fit the philosophy of use. Now
is a good time to switch to Lithium, if the environmental conditions are right
and the customer is ready.

Maverick Brown
Off-Grid Solar Commander since 2006
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.