Just with all other solar equipment, you definitely don't want to go CCC.  I'd recommend you take a look at the Grundfos SQ flex line.  2nd, you need to look at the pump charts to see what the actual flow rate will be at the head you're considering.  The pump you are looking at doesn't even give basic flow rates at pressure. (2nd clue it sucks) Max head is basically where the pump quits pumping, and the 8 GPM rating is at no pressure at all.  I'd "guess" it would pump maybe 4 to 6 GPM at 40 ft of head?  Also, add extra head for the friction losses in the pipe.  That can be looked up (just like wire losses) for the size pipe and flow rate.

Finally, you didn't mention how large a pond.  To fill the pond, it needs to overcome both evaporative losses, and leakage into the surrounding soil.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar