William,
Sol-Ark says they can only connect to a Wye, and that they need a
neutral. Thanks,
Drake

---

On 2023-06-06 11:34, William Miller via RE-wrenches wrote:

Drake: You should be able to connect to a 120/240 split phase feeder. Avoid the stinger. I have done it with FXRs , works just fine. Wm On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 8:11 AM Drake Chamberlin via RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
Hello All,

We are looking for a transformer to connect Sol-Ark inverters to an open delta service. The Sol-Ark can only connect to a Wye configuration.

We found one which the supplier says will do the job. It is an MGM, 240 Delta to 208Y/120 Volt, 3-Phase.

The supplier says this will derive a neutral which can be grounded for a solid neutral connection.

My concerns with what we have found so far are:
1) How much efficiency will be lost due to connecting to an open delta?
2) Will the derived neutral really be sufficient?
3) The cost of the unit we found is high. Does anyone know of a source for economically priced transformers.

Thank you,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC
Ohio Electrical Contractor's License 44810
CO Master Electrician's License 4526

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette:

William Miller