From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of
August Goers via RE-wrenches
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 1:17 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Cc: August Goers <aug...@luminalt.com>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] sealing a carport array

Caution: This email originated from outside SES. Do not click links or open
attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Kirk,

This probably isn't the answer you want, but we insist that a conventional roof
is installed (could be metal, bitumen, etc) and then install the array on top
if the client needs it to be watertight. It just seems like everything else
such as rubber gaskets or tape will be temporary or problematic over time.
Maybe others out there know of a good way to do it!

August
Luminalt

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 10:08 AM Kirk Herander via RE-wrenches
<re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org<mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>>
wrote:
All,

Looking for recommendations to seal the gaps between modules in a carport array
for weather-tightness. I've used the Sunmodo gaskets before, but curious about
other reliable options. Thanks.
--
Kirk Herander / kirkh@vermont.solar<mailto:kirkh@vermont.solar>
Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC