Our 6 burner Viking only draws 15 watts off-grid, just saying :) one form of
happiness is  a great stove!

Dana Orzel  c- 2087217003   e - d...@solarwork.com

--- Begin Message ---
There’s definitely a couple thousand price premium added over Premier and
Unique but Bertazzoni ranges only use 250 watts when the oven itself is on
otherwise does not add to the idle consumption of the house. Over 10 years
without issue here at my residence. The newer models are even better yet I
believe.  ZLine is slightly more affordable, in the copycat territory and offer
similar benefits but have not had time to look into the details lately.

Good luck, Nick

On Sep 26, 2023, at 2:36 PM, David Palumbo via RE-wrenches
<re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> >
wrote:

I have old off-grid friends looking for advice on replacing an old LP Gas
range. Here is their email they sent me. Wrench advice will be appreciated!

*       Dave Palumbo

<< We are ready to replace our cook stove, it is a Premier & we love it but
have had problems finding parts for it & people to work on it.

The only major appliance co who makes a cordless/non-convection oven range is
Hotpoint, which is pretty basic but could work.
https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/hotpoint-specs/RGBS200DMWW#tab2_

The other one we are looking at is a Unique Appliances brand propane stove -
for off-grid use - their “classic retro” model doesn’t have great reviews but
the basic model sounds good.

<UGP30GOF1W-1.jpg>

 <https://uniqueappliances.com/product/off-grid-classic-30-propane-range/>
Off-Grid Classic 30” Propane Range (Battery Ignition)
 <https://uniqueappliances.com/product/off-grid-classic-30-propane-range/>
uniqueappliances.com

I’m wondering if you are familiar with the Unique Appliances brand & if you’d
recommend them?

We also considered the Premier “Pro Series” ranges but they are spendy & I’m
afraid we’ll run into the same trouble finding parts & someone who will work on
them, which could also be an issue for Unique.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the topic?  >>

Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org <http://re-wrenches.org/>

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
<mailto:RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>

List rules & etiquette: