Being from Manufacturing I just disagree that warranty should pass on to a different owner. (Unless in writing)
Too much chance for failure with a new owner.

We do want these folks to stay in business right? Batteries are hard enough in residential when doing everything correct.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
   [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-08-15 10:57 am, Luke Christy via RE-wrenches wrote:

I also have had a poor experience with Discover's warranty.
I installed 3x 7.4kWh AES batteries for an off-grid customer in 2020. I registered the warranty for all three within a few weeks of installation. Fast forward to 2023, the original customer sold the property and the new owner asked me out to troubleshoot a storage issue. One battery had failed to due a faulty BMS. Discover refused to honor the warranty because the property had changed hands (they tie the warranty to the original registered owner), and the new owner was stuck buying a new battery.

Discover did offer the replacement at a slightly discounted price but I thought it was lousy to find out that a 10-year warranty product suddenly has no warranty if the property is ever sold. It really turned me off, and I was left with the feeling that I might have had better luck getting a warranty replacement if I had never registered the batteries at all.

Luke Christy
Renewable energy consultant

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional(tm):

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO 81144
sgsrenewables@gmail