Alan Manuel Gloria <almkg...@gmail.com>
> Actually, I think I very much prefer the "\".

How about "\\" for SPLIT/GROUP?  Or use "\\" for SPLIT, and something else (say
"....") for GROUP?

I *think* that using \\ would resolve my concerns about slashification, and I
know you like the look of the "\" character for many use cases.

We really don't *need* to have single-character symbols for either GROUP or
SPLIT. Even with Scheme's one-char lookahead, you can easily read in the whole
symbol before making that decision (our current implementation does). I think
it's important that it be non-alphabetic, for clarity (all other abbreviations
are punctuation), but there's no implementation reason either have to be single
characters.  Heck, Lisps already support multi-character abbreviations like
",@".

--- David A. Wheeler