On 1/12/13, David A. Wheeler <dwhee...@dwheeler.com> wrote:
> R7RS includes "datum labels" (see section 2.4), e.g., #0=(a b c . #0#).
>
> Sweet-expressions don't currently say anything specific about them.  What,
> if anything, should we do about datum labels?  In particular, should we
> provided a syntax to describe them for indentation processing, and if so,
> what would it be?!?
>
> The "easy" way to deal with them is to not provide any particular syntax for
> them at sweet-expression level, and presume that if they're supported,
> they're supported at the n-expression level.  None of our implementations
> support datum labels either, though obviously that could be added.
>
> If we're to support them directly in sweet-expressions, I guess we support
> something like this:
> #0=
> ! a b c . #0#
>
> It's not clear at all that these are common enough to need the complexity -
> and it would be complexity! - in sweet-expression processing.  However,
> generality is valuable.
>
>  --- David A. Wheeler

If ever, I propose that:

foo
! #0= bar(x) nitz
! #0#

==>

(foo
  #0=((bar x) nitz)
  #0#)

while:

foo
! #0=bar(x) nitz
! #0#

==>

(foo
  (#0=(bar x) nitz)
  #0#)

In addition, I propose that:

foo
! bar(x) #0= quux(y)
! #0#

==>

(foo
  ((bar x) . #0= ((quux y)))
  #0#)

while:

foo
! bar(x) #0=quux(y)
! #0#

==>

(foo
  ((bar x) #0=(quux y))
  #0#)

-----

That said, I think datum labels are gonna be hard to implement in a BNF.

Sincerely,
AmkG