Hi all,

I'm just gaining experience with writing sweet lisp code.  Maybe I don't
see the right solution.

I use sweet code in the context of a web application at the moment. The
framework is template based.  A page can be plain HTML or - for dynamic
content - elements or attributes in a special namespace are evaluated.

So the sweet expressions show up always as either content or attribute
values in the source.  That's fine except for collecting lists.  The <*
*> markers just don't look nice under XML quotation rules: &lt;*  &gt;*.

Too bad.

By design I want tools like xmllint verify my spiced up html source.

I feel I need an alternative marker for them.

Anybody having better idea?

Assuming no better idea:

Q1: Which marker would be "good in spirit"?  I'd propose to use {* and
*} as alternatives since { and } are already taken special anyway.

Q2: Would it be a good idea to allow this in the official spec?
Embedding in XML seems to have broad uses these days and I foresee use
cases for sweet list especially in domain specific languages.

Best Regards

/Jörg