I'd like to release an updated readable package relatively soon.  Any
objections?

There are no major changes, but we have a few minor ones, e.g., error-detection
of x'x and static type declarations for systems that support them.  There are
also small documentation improvements.

After trying it out a little bit I'm not sure I really want to create Lisp
source files that have to undergo text processing.  So although I started that
discussion months ago, I doubt I'll go that direction... so there's no
particular reason to wait.

--- David A. Wheeler