On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:15:15 +0800, Alan Manuel Gloria <almkg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Since I'm pretty much the only one who wants Guile 1.6 support, and
> I'm pretty satisfied with the perfectly working old version, feel free
> to drop Guile 1.6 support.  I just wanted to make clear the reason for
> why #t was used in the first place ^^.

Okay.  If you (or anyone else) thinks we need to re-add guile 1.6 support,
we could do it using autoconf and text substitution.  That way the source code
would be clean modern code, and then transformed for execution only when needed.
I'd be happy to add it, after all, you're co-author of the spec and your work
has been
instrumental in making the readable stuff happen.  But you're satisfied, and I
don't
know of anyone else using such an old version of guile.

GNU Guile 1.8.0 was released on 2006-02-12
(https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/old-news.html),
over 8 years ago.  Perhaps more importantly, GNU Guile 2.0.0 was released on
2011-02-16.
That's enough time for most people to have updated beyond 1.6, and over time
I expect that even fewer and fewer people will care about guile version 1.6.

--- David A. Wheeler