On Jul 29, 2009, at 11:43 PM, Gustavo Alberto Navarro Bilbao wrote:

> Well, very curious.

indeed.

> I was using the 9500 port to not to interfere with with our OSGRID
> sim, running in the same server, and coordenates to the sim 6000/6000.
> Now I shutdown our osgrid sim, changed the port to 9000, the
> coordeantes to 1000/1000 and now NAALI starts ok

we tested logging into osgrid from Naali iirc not very many days before
release, and it worked ok. osgrid login is in port 8002 and iirc the
syntax is server:port in the dialog (e.g. osgrid.org:8002) so that's
how the parser should work .. with osgrid it's of course with opensim
auth and not rexauth so a different dialog, but i guess the address
parsing code is the same anyway.

you could test if osgrid works for you. Naali currently understands
only a single region, and has no means to determine to which one you
enter (we should add that to the login dialog and the procedure), but
otherwise osgrid should work ok. i've had probs later (after release,
with the release version) testing it in other places though, don't know
yet why (was now thinking that perhaps a prob in using a non-default
port, but don't believe that anything broke that during the last days
before release)

btw Melanie told me a couple of weeks ago on irc that the blocker that
there was in opensim core for gridmode to work with modrex is perhaps
gone - grid/interregion/something stuff is refactored out of
clientstack to a separate thing which should help. Charles Krinke has
encouraged modrex users to add rex sims to osgrid which would be just
awesome i find, hopefully we get to do that soonish now that the
holiday month is ending..

> Thanks and more news from the NAALI's experiments place soon ;-)

Thanks for the patience to do pre-alpha / sub ver 0.1 testing :)

> Albert

~Toni