Probably I found. Following the instructions on "no there there" blog
it instructed to rotate along the Y axis for aligning it "correctly".
Apparently this hint is not more needed. Without rotating it texture
appears ok, even if I found myself a bit confused on how many textures
can be on the meshes files, since it appears that realxtend limits to
only 16 submeshes.. Moreover, I don't understand if I just have to
apply the textures in order or if I should guess which textures to put
on each "material" handle :(
anyway, I'm pretty happy with this now :)