Yes Ill check into that Tony thank you. Im using AC3D which has a nice ogre exporter plugin. I bring the model in using .3ds and convert it in Ac3D to ogre mesh. Its looks beautiful in AC3D Ill tak a peek at the tutorials.

Thanks again!

I do so want to use Naali :) right now Im using Sketchworld.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Toni Alatalo" <ant...@kyperjokki.fi>
To: <realxtend@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Petri Aura" <petri.a...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [realXtend] 3D Model Material Mapping

Merrie Schonbach kirjoitti:
Once you import your model into the world how do you get your
materials to map correctly on your model?
My textures are coming in but all over the place on the model, not in
the proper place.

I suppose you are having them correctly in whatever app you modelled
them? Do you have material indices / submeshes / whatever they are
called in your app there, so that the model uses several materials? I
suppose so 'cause you talk about several textures.

I think you should use the material assignment gui to put the right
material to the right slot in the model. Step 12 in this tutorial,
http://peterquirk.wordpress.com/2008/12/22/tutorial-using-the-streamlined-tool-chain-for-importing-sketchup-models-into-realxtend-04/
- has an image of what I'm talking about, this one:
http://peterquirk.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/material-panel.png

Coincidentally we were adding a ui for that same thing to the new Naali
viewer today :)

Does that involve having to use that exterial viewer?

No the mesh tool is not required to set materials to right places.

Thanks!

Let's thank Peter for that nice tutorial!
Hopefully things work out for you now.

~Toni