We had some ideas about AD integration some time ago, but we haven't had the
chance to work on authentication integrations with the main focus on
developing the basic functionalities for the Naali viewer and improvements
on the server side as well. I agree that integration to different
authentication / intranet environments is important. It wouldn't probably
even be a lot of effort, so maybe someone can do the AD integration (and
other such systems) and contribute back?