On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM, LadyTia <merrie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The new Naali viewer looks and works great. I have a couple of
> questions however on how things work.
>
> 1 - How would you color a object? (I played with the material
> creator.)
> 2 - How would you upload a 3d model and the material?
> 3 - Will there be in world building available or will it be model
> upload?
>
> Thank you :)
>
> --

Tara is quite right. Most of Naali remains unimplemented, though we're
getting to it one feature at a time.

You can add materials/textures to mesh objects by uploading a texture
to your inventory by drag-n-dropping an image in your inventory
window. Then you must take its UUID reference, accessible via
right-click. Then you must open the object editor and paste the UUID
in the material text box in the material tab.

Uploading a mesh works by drag-n-dropping a mesh into your inventory,
then creating a new prim from the object editor menu. You take the
UUID reference of the mesh object from inventory, accessible via
right-click. Then you must paste the UUID into the mesh text box.

There should be some building tools of some kind available at some
point. Sooner if someone else writes them.

All-in-all a quite pain-in-the-backside way to get anything done, and
pretty sucky. We're working as hard as we can to get something much
better in place, but making software takes time.

Cheers,