Edwige,

As Jonne has stated:

*> **please add feature request to google code repo*

Just to clarify and be a bit more specific... you can click on the link
below, and make a feature request.

http://code.google.com/p/realxtend-naali/issues/list

Please start your new "issue" with "[Feature Request] Please Add the ability
to change shortcut keys"  (or something of that nature) as the subject/issue
title.

Then write a detailed description of what you would like to see added to
Naali.  (Please be reasonable, but be as detailed and specific as possible).

<http://code.google.com/p/realxtend-naali/issues/list>Depending on the
number of hours it would take to do, and depending on how hard it would be
to implement, and also depending on the amount of resources available
(whether we have extra developers, etc.) and depending on the number of
requests (or even the priority) for a particular feature it could be
implemented fairly quickly, or it may not even be implemented at all.

It really depends on the amount of resources it would take to do what you
are asking, and it boils down to time (and resources).  Developers have a
long list of things that they need to get done and your request may be a
pretty "low priority" request.  So it may (or may not) ever get done.

There are several things you can do to "fix" this.  You can either volunteer
to add this feature yourself (if you are a programmer).  Or you can find
some programmers that would be willing to volunteer their time to implement
this new feature request, you can hire a programmer to do the work for you
(contract for hire) to implement the feature into Naali, or you can simply
post your feature request and wish (or hope) that maybe it might eventually
happen.

Again, it all boils down to priority, and the amount of resources that it
would take to implement.  It may happen, it may not happen.  If it's
something fairly easy to do, then maybe it might happen.  Jonne would know
MUCH more than I would, whether this is an "easy to do" request or even the
likelihood of something like this being added or implemented in a future
release.

So view the feature requests as a "wish list" or a "dream sheet" and then
don't get mad if it doesn't happen according to YOUR own personal schedule.
 It could take weeks, months, or even years (or it may not even happen at
all, depending on how hard it would be to do).

Another option (if it really means that much to you) is to hire a programmer
(some programmers are "for sale") and see if they'd be willing to implement
the features that you are specifically asking for.

It happens, I've seen individuals that do work (for hire).  I believe Adam
Frisby, and some of the other developers sometimes do work on a contract
basis.  So if this is something you REALLY want (and you want it "now") then
consider talking to one of the developers, or possibly contracting to have
someone add this specific feature for you.

If you can live without, and are simply just making a simple "this would be
really cool or nice to have..." feature request, then maybe a developer will
add this to the project "To Do List" but it may end up being a pretty low
priority task.

Just learn to accept this, and learn to be patient.  I've spent almost a
year and a half watching several features that I have requested over the
years slowly get added, and I'll probably be waiting another year (or even
two or maybe even three) before other features (such as Hydrax, Caelum, or
SkyX) get implemented.  It takes time.

All you can do is make a suggestion, and depending on how hard it would be
to implement, and depending on the resources available (how many developers
there are and whether a developer has the time to dedicate to adding this
feature).  So just make the feature request, and learn to be patient.

The best thing you can possibly do, is try to find one or two extra
developers, and try to get them to join or help the project (by volunteering
their time to help the core developers with writing code and implementing
some of these additional features into the code base).

In the meantime, you can either hire a developer (on a contract basis), or
you can learn to use a keymapper.  ;-)

Make your feature request here:

http://code.google.com/p/realxtend-naali/issues/list

<http://code.google.com/p/realxtend-naali/issues/list>The team will probably
look your request over, and it may get brought up during a discussion, and
it possibly could get added to a future feature list.  Jonne would probably
know much more about this than I would, and some of the other core Naali
dev's could probably tell you better whether this feature is likely to
happen (or not).

I hope this helps, and please understand that Naali is a VERY VERY young
project, and it's still in the PRE-Alpha stages.  Just 2-3 months ago, I
never would have even dreamed that Naali would even be where it is today.  A
year ago, Naali didn't even exist.

So just be patient, and slowly we all hope that Naali will evolve into the
"de facto" viewer for RealXtend, OpenSim, and possibly even Second Life.
 ;-)

The ReX crew have done some extremely amazing things, and just by looking at
the work performed on Naali, it's quite impressive, and very innovative.
 All you can do is be patient, and learn to buy beer.

Try to send Jonne a case of his favorite beer (or favorite beverage) once a
week, and maybe you'll end up with a "configurable" key mapper in a future
version of Naali.  ;-)

*> I am using Realxtend viewer (0.42)*

This is an old viewer (based on the old legacy SL viewer) and it's highly
unlikely that development will ever continue on this old 0.42 viewer
platform.  Naali is the future, and almost all development efforts are going
into Naali.  So any features that you request, will likely only be offered
in a future version of Naali.

Again, I hope this helps...

              Mark