There is a problem with llMoveToTarget. Quote:
"If the target is too far away from the object's current position (~
60 meters), or if tau is too small (0.2 is a good tau), This Will
Silently damp it to the object's current position. The interesting
thing is the object ITS is in fact to damping current position When
outside the range as opposed to failing Completely, But if you move it
back to 60m Within it will snap back to the target position. "

Try llSetPos

  Davide