> Hey guys, I'm having the hardest time trying to get a custom avatar to
> export from Blender. I've set the "rootbone", I have no idea what the
> "basebone" and "offsetbone" do, less where to put them in the
> hierarchy.

Hi,
these control the dynamic adjustment of avatar walking/sitting, to support
extremely deformed avatars in the avatar generator. When not deforming the
avatar, they mostly don't matter. You can follow the settings for the Jack
avatar:

basebone - set to the bottom point (toes on a humanoid), for example
Bip01_R_Toe0 on Jack
rootbone - set to the hierarchy root, for example Bip01 on Jack

The whole avatar offset system is, unfortunately, a series of hacks built
on top of hacks. It starts from the server-side assumption that the avatar
is really a capsule, and the server transmits the centerpoint of this
capsule to the viewer. So, if the avatar mesh also has its pivot in the
center, things would work with no offset, otherwise an offset has to be
specified.

But, as far as I remember, the reX avatar system automatically applies an
offset of half the avatar's height, assuming that the mesh has been
authored in such way instead, that the pivot point is at the bottom.

Therefore, if that assumption holds true, things should work pretty far
without specifying any of the avatar properties.

- Lasse / realXtend developer