I'm really impressed with the progress on Taiga/Naali. Obviously, there is a lot of work to do, but I'm wondering about what is possible today.

My project is Prim Composer for 3ds Max which is a free offline builder for OpenSim. You can create regular prims and sculpties in 3ds Max, texture them, link them, and then upload them to OpenSim via a LibOpenMetaverse-based tool.

I'm trying to understand if it would be possible for me to modify Prim Composer to work with Taiga now. In particular, I'm wondering about meshes and what I would have to do to add mesh support to Prim Composer so that it could upload meshes to Taiga.

So, I have some basic questions:

1) What viewers can display mesh content from Taiga? Has this been implemented in Naali yet (hopefully)? Does realXtend Viewer 0.42 work with Taiga (probably not)?
2) What external tools (if any) currently exist for adding meshes to Taiga?
3) Is there a client/server protocol for uploading meshes to Taiga? Is it documented?

Basically, what I'm hoping is that today meshes can be uploaded to Taiga via a client/server protocol and that they can be displayed in Naali. If that's true, then it seems like I could modify Prim Composer to upload meshes to Taiga and then walk around in them using Naali. Probably, I would want to modify LibOpenMetaverse to speak Taiga's mesh protocol.

Sorry, if I'm really missing the mark here. I know very little about this at the moment.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

--Shack
http://liferain.com/downloads/primcomposer/