Hi all,
I am currently a student at Alexandria Technical college, MN. And I'm
working on a project that my instructor would like to see implemented
for future students' to be enrolled. I've learned everything I know so
far from the realxtend.org and opensimulator.org and google websites,
but I do have a couple of questions that I can't seem to get answered.

I was wondering cause i have the realxtend viewer .42, and the naali .
2 viewers downloaded and my question is; if i modify something using
realxtend, does that change or modification also appear if I switch to
the naali viewer, or even to the hippo viewer? And does this allow
users to select which viewer they want to use then; meaning can i have
user's logging onto the virtual world using either realxtend, hippo,
or naali viewers and still be able to see, communicate, etc. between
the different viewers, and users (avatars)?

>From a little google research, I know that videos from youtube for
example, or some other flash player can be attempted in being uploaded
into secondlife to be played and viewed by users (avatars). I said
attempted cause I have not tried actually doing it, I just looked at
the web page. But is that same kind of concept able to be implemented
into openSim or the realxtend-server-0.5-empty-standalone that I have
downloaded?

Cause my teacher would like for me to figure out a way to allow users
to be able to access the internet from the virtual world. Meaning the
user would walk around the world, and then walk up to a primitive
object, click on that object activating it and accessing a web browser
which has been attached to that object, which will allow them to be
able to access the internet, going in and out of web pages, and being
able to access any web page on the internet, using pretty much either
a windows explorer, or mozilla foxfire browser?  To me this seems a
little too advanced for the realxtend-server-0.5-empty-standalone that
I'm using from the realxtend.org/downloads page. Also if this was
possible wouldn't it pose some security issues, and potentials of
malicious software infecting your computer?

I'm also having a small issue with attaching clothing to my avatar.  I
can create the items and such, but they don't show up on my avatar,
and I can modify the clothing its just i can't see how it looks.  I'm
thinking that it has something to do with the location of where the
assets are being stored because an error message shows up; saying that
i need to change the ip address of some *.xml file. I don't remember
the exact syntax of the error message. And I've only modified the
avatarstorage\HttpSettings.xml, authentication\HttpSettings.xml,
authentication\AuthenticationSettings.xml, and rexserver\regions
\default.xml files, and the error message always appears about the
asset storage everytime i run the three *.exe files

For the final product my teacher wants users to be able to access the
college web site from inside the virtual world via some kind of
internet browser or .pdf file.
Can user interaction with the web be implemented into OpenSim?
Or is the only thing implementable videos files that can be watched
only?
Thanks,
Josh G.