Denis Tarasov kirjoitti:
Problem 2. World never loads fully. Only about 50-60% of all meshes is
visible in 0.42 viewer, with Naali, the situation is even worse.
Sometimes you also have few prims missing and rectangular holes in the
ground. This is due to the way LLUDPClientStack is implemented in
0.6.9. There is also a bug there (see problem 3). Older

This is fixed in current Naali and Modrex releases (the modrex in Taiga 0.1.1), with the usage of http for asset downloads. In our tests so far it works really well now, all meshes and textures come reliably and quickly.

For more information, see Jonne Nauha's recent post to the -dev list. The first solution, which requires running a command on the server side to associate a URL for each asset, works against Naali 0.2.1. The other solution to use an Opensim CAP to get the baseurl for assets on that particular asset server is implemented in current Naali develop and is going to be included in the 0.2.2 coming after next week (we do time based releases every 3 weeks now, after each dev sprint).

a. distrubute world viewer to users with all meshes already placed in
cache (improves situation a lot, but not solves the problem completly.
Increases client size, make difficlut to update your world)

This has been done here too, Naali even supports that as a feature so that you can add a content pack to your client install. Was done before the work on getting the http asset pipe was finished, earlier this year.

c. I have read that new Taiga server supports http assets downloading.
This might improve situation (only when using new Naali viewer). When
I tried to test, this, I was unable to run Taiga with my database
(example installation with empty database works well, but useless).
With our data set, it throws multiple exceptions on startup, have
problem with logging users in, and a number of other issues.

Bleh, should have read the post fully before started replying, of course you knew about this already :) Well, at least there was some specific info about in which versions it works and how.

We haven't worked too much on migrations yet, one reason is that we are also using the dotscene import to bring the scenes in from how they have been exported from e.g. Blender.

AFAIK e.g. the fishworld demo is now running current Taiga though, so migrations should work? Also some other demo worlds have been migrated to new server versions every once in a while. Could you perhaps provide your problematic dataset so that people who know about the migrations could debug that?

The maximum number of avatars that can login to the region is 16.
Anything more makes world absolutely unusable. Every five minutes
somebody is thrown out, and every 15 minutes the server crashes and
must be restarted. The maximum number of avatars that can work
comfortably is 8.
Solution: I don't know any solution here yet, we are working on it.
Any help from anybody would be greatly appriciated

In osgrid tests they have reached something close to a hundred (>80?) but indeed then things become slow. I have heard from osgrid testers that something like 40 would be usable with 0.6.9, and the Wright Plaza weekly meetings host I think typically >20 AVs and run ok?

Did you look at the Intel work on this? They target 50,000 or something users in the same place :) , and seems that with their client manager idea that is possible, but not a short term solution (hopefully they have some sort of solid prototype by the end of the year - first test was iirc in last August running 400 text-only test clients from the same computer).

Denis Tarasov

Thanks for the info about the results in your testing, hopefully the prob with your data and other possible probs with current modrex versions for you are solved soon so you also get to test the http assets etc.

~Toni