I'd start with installing Naali and then setting up local Taiga servers to
test against. I would wait untill start of next week when we make new
snapshot releases of both, since there has been lots of impovements. Dont
know if they directly touch your use case but its always better than the
last release :)

http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_Naali
http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_Taiga

If you have your models in skechup, maybe export them to a format that
blender understands. Open those in blender, create a whole scene of your
liking inside blender. Use the blender ogre exrported to get .scene, .mesh
and other essential files into the ogre format. Then use on the server side
our scene importer in modrex. Its a console command in there that im not
sure if its very well documented. Try help in the opensim console and find
the command sceneimport, ogreimport or something like that. And type that to
get more info.

We are currently working on scene importer from naali. So with
providing necessary admin credentials you can push your scene from naali to
the server. And there is probaply a preview mode so you first setup your
changes locally, make everything perfect and then push to server. Toni and
Mattire could propably tell you more about this.

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
realXtend developer

http://www.realxtend.org/