Ok I took a look at the test diary. More people should as someone has spent
this much time trying to give us a helping hand.

First of all, you say right off that you are a beginner, a newbie if you
will :) This is important to note probably. I'm not saying our UI
interactions or designs would be more clear to you if you would have used
the old rex viewer or SL based viewers, but I'd think some of
the concepts like "rex avatar auth server" and "mesh" would make more sense.
But this kind of study is good, of course we want Naali to be easily
accessible to anyone.

Was quite amusing to read your thing when you constantly crash and try to
figure out why nothing happens when clicking buttons :) I guess im the right
person to reply to this stuff as I wrote most of the UI in Naali.
Some places I can try to clarify whats going on. And most of these are good
points that we need to give some more tought:

*Ether*
- The ethers arctic fox is there as a default picture when you have not
logged in with a new avatar yet. We cannot know what your avatar looks like
before you actually login with it and we take a screenshot when you logout
first time. After this you wont see the fox again (shame I know :) And
letting the avatar select a picture for himself would be a bit pointless as
you have your looks already and thats what other people see, not a 2D image.
The ether screenshots are just a more graphical way to select your avatar
and world. The old traditional way would be just to type stuff on line
edits, we thought we could do maybe better.
- In ether you cannot delete the last avatar or world card. Maybe we could
allow this but that would require some rewrites somewhere and at this point
we have more important things to think about. Main reason being that the
controls for adding a new avatar are "tied" to the card there so when you
remove the last you could not add another (again if we would not write some
new code there). Other reason is that the animation handler that swigs those
cards so nicely will get a bit confused when you say "no more cards for you
sir" (again easily fixable if we just spend a day on it).
- Lots of things in ether are unfinished: help (should open our wiki help
with the OS browser, trivial once we do it and once we have a central help
wiki), edit and info on worlds are the same as for now, the idea is for the
info to show a web page of the grid information that you might have fetched
in the edit things. Pressing ESC when editing or adding should be made this
is true, annoys me also. I'll try to implement that some day. But in inworld
widgets this will propably not come to be true. If you have a program open
in windows (about the same thing as having a widget open in naali) pressing
esc never closes the app, ESC usually closes dialogs.

*Inworld*
- The top left menu is for tools, maybe the icon might confuse you but once
you click it you'll see its not a settings "place". The actual settings
place is where it reads settings :) The opacity typo was fixed some time ago
and I have made the settings widget wider so the stupid arrow things to
navigate tabs are gone.
- Exporting rex (mesh) based avatars to a OS account is not supported...
well not it is with new taiga servers via webdav. But the servers you are
using are _old_ things and you cant do nothing to your OS avatars
appearance. This is why we use realXtend avatars or now a OS avatar will do
with newest taiga/naali super-combo :) But this is why the save button is
disabled.
- The key bindings are somewhat a problem. On windows especially there are
some write/read permission things that sometimes on first startup leave the
controls settings line edits blank. Our input system is being changed as we
speak so I didn't try to perfect it. Just removed the crash bugs there :)
Also about writing "c t r l " to get Ctrl is the best I could do in a short
time period. I made a small custom key filter there but it was not that
trivial to aknowledge when user pressed special keys, so I ended up doing
some smart parting there but not too much. If you want to implement this
kind of custom key filter to a QLineEdit I would be happy to receive your
code contributions. Its not always that easy to do even if "MS word" also
has it :)
- Unchecking the override server time will take about 10 seconds to take the
sun back to server time, as its waiting for the next time update from server
after we dont want to control it anymore.
- The color picker is directly from Qt and I think i a standard windows
color picker dialog so we cant do nothing about it having cancel and "X" at
the same time.

Im sure there was something else too but there are the main points. I will
take a look at your diary again when I start making the world building UI
for real to Naali. Thanks for sharing and testing, hope these things didnt
drive you away from Naali :)

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
realXtend developer