You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29

The MSI should suggest it for you if its not installed. I guess this was it
*"The installer fails after attempting to install the VC package and
complains of "prerequisites" which are not installed"*
***
*Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
Adminotech developer