On Nov 1, 2011, at 8:25 AM, Mikko Pallari wrote:
> AFAIK WebNaali currently works only on Chrome 13. Web socket implementation
> has changed in Chrome's later version and that is why it doesn't work on 14
> or 15. I don't know if there has been any development since I last checked,
> but this was the status few weeks ago.

I actually got the basic port to a new websocket lib done last week on Friday
evening (as part of preparing demos at the Blender conference..). Also the port
of the websocket server to Tundra 2. It now works with current & dev Chromes
(14, 15, and I hope the 16 and 17 and whatever they have).

Is currently in a branch, as had to do a little hack in the core AssetModule
(to not try to communicate asset storage info with the knet mechanisms to
websocket clients): https://github.com/realXtend/naali/commits/websocket

Next steps are to test more, update the demo, merge to mainline for the next
release etc. Hopefully all that happens this week!

> As for the scene itself, it needs to be in collada format for the browser.
> I think that this is the latest readme for setting the service up:
> https://github.com/realXtend/WebNaali/blob/master/README.mediawiki

Yep, instructions and documentation are to be improved, but have to get it
fully working first.

> Mikko

~Toni