On Mar 13, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Daniele Zanni wrote:
> To sum up, if  I got it correctly, there is no way to do it without touching
> any  C++ code at the moment, either way?

if compiling is counted as touching, that may be correct. if you can compile,
is simple to pull from the websocket branch and the c++ changes there are tiny.

if you can't compile and want to quickly do something, using the last 1.x
release would give you a mature py env where everything works. if you decide to
do that, i promise to get the basics to mainline 2.x soon enough so that you
can easily migrate. is not really recommended though as 1.x is ancient,
compiling better py support in or using qtscript/js is better.

~Toni