The "read only" for storages is Tundras property, its not read from the
operating system. It just means we can only look for "local://" assets from
there but cannot put anything there. It is made to protect the
<installdir>/data/assets folder.

tundra --server --headless --file C:/path/to/my.txml

tundra --config viewer.xml --storage C:/path/to/ --login
tundra://localhost:2345/?username=test

Try the client first without --storage. As the server surely should send
you that storage once you connect. Also *Error : "Transfer of asset
"assetname" name "filepath" *seems to suggest the actualy txml has asset
ref of "assetname" or "filepath", that does not seem like its correct, what
shipped txml file are you trying to use, or are you using something you
made yourself?

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
Adminotech developer