On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Peter C. wrote:
> Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. The problem I have been having is that I
> need an array which contains multiple properties per entry. I need to specify
> multiple textures and properties per layer, so that's where I'm having the
> difficulty. I'm evaluating the situation more, but it may take a while.

I also realized that difference, after had sent the quick mail with the ec_mesh
materials list attribute. I'm not sure if we have that kind of structure
anywhere yet, perhaps not.

what Jonne posted used:
dataComp.CreateAttribute("qvariantlist", "materialList");

I think you can be quite flexible with QVariantlists and qvariants in general,
creating your data structure somehow. Also on JS side some scripts just put
their complex data structures as json in string attributes, some custom app
things.

But I also understood that for a terrain system in Tundra and probably for
defining the attributes properly anyway now is targeted with c++? There I
suppose you want some typed things, perhaps implementing IAttribute, or just
using some existing list types, hmhm.

In IAttribute.cpp there is for example:
template<> u32 Attribute<AssetReference>::TypeId() const { return
cAttributeAssetReference; }
template<> u32 Attribute<AssetReferenceList>::TypeId() const { return
cAttributeAssetReferenceList; }

https://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/tundra2/src/Core/Scene/IAttribute.cpp#L71

i figure checking those things out will at least give some idea of the
attribute biz, what kind of existing types there are (attributelist, qvariant,
..) and how they are defined.

~Toni