>Hello,
>   I'd interested in using REBOL for different Web application that I'm
>interested in writing. I am weary of the fact that the "core" and "visual"
>consoles show "experimental" and that they have a "self destruct" function
>where I can't use them any more and have to download the latest versions. My
>question is whether or not its practical at this point to write programs in
>REBOL while its still in the development stage? Is REBOL in fact Free? Can
>anyone explain to me REBOL's philosophy as to the above?
>
>Thanks
>
>Robert P.

In the download section you can find also stable versions (at least
for /core), which don't expire. Experimentals are intended to let us
play (and test) with the latest features. As far as I understand
/Core and /View are and it will be free. You have to pay for
/Command, for the runtime and for the forecoming /Express.
But you can find any information on the REBOL site.
Greetings

--
Paolo Russo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]