Hello All :
Just my two cents worth here:

Mat Bettinson wrote: (regarding "Rebol the Official Guide"_

> Recommend you skip this, it's nasty. The guide you can get in PDF is a
> million times better. More of a reference guide, I suppose, but this
> is basically what you need in conjunction with snooping readymade
> scripts.

Tim here:

I must respectfully differ with Matt's opinion here. His opinion provides
*no* real information as to the content of Elan's book, nor does he do
any credit to the enormous amount of work that went into it.

If you want to learn how to put together a distributed database system
using rebol , AND learn rebol at the same time -  this is for you. But
it will take some time, and is for the serious student of both rebol AND
database programmer.

"Rebol the Official Guide" is a book for the advanced and needs advanced
discipline. "Rebol for Dummies" may be for the less adbanced.

If I were to make a recommendation to some who wished to earn money
with rebol, then I would recommend both books above, as well as the
PDF and this mailing list.

Regards
Tim