----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 4:57 PM
Subject: [REBOL] REBOL/SQL question

> I'm trying to make a decision as to whether or not I need to learn PHP or
> if I can continue to use REBOL as a business solution. I also need to
> figure out which SQL database I need to learn. Can someone help me answer
> the following questions?
>
> Which SQL databases can /Command communicate with?
> MS SQL Server?
> MySQL?
> PostgreSQL?
>
> Is the MySQL scheme for /Core robust enough to begin using as a business
> solution?

That depends ... what does the term of "business solution" mean in your
case? You have to use CGI anyway and mySQL doesn't support transactions (it
does, but not too well last I heard) ...

> > My preferred solution? Use the MySQL scheme with /Core until /Command is
up
> to speed.

What does it mean - up to speed? With /Command, you could use /library
wrapper Jeff (IIRC) created for accessing mySQL database. System library
calls should be way faster than interpreted mySQL scheme .... just guessing
here of course ..

-pekr-