I'm using XML because:

1. When I began developing Messages a long time ago, there was no support in
/Core for databases. Even now, MySQL is the only "supported" database, but
not officially supported.

2. Portability. I COULD save the the data as make object! statements, but if
I keep them in XML and need to use some other language in the future to
access the data, it should be fairly simple (but not as simple as using
REBOL, I know.)

3. Being able to say "I write applications using XML" looks good on a resume.
Most employers don't know from XML from BMX, but they feel they *need* XML
and so it looks better on a resume to use XML verses native REBOL storage
methods.