Your problem is that you are calling INFORM from within another
INFORM.  This is not such a safe thing to do.

If you just change "inform out" to "view/new out" it works fine except
that the second pane is not modal.  You might also get around the
problem by doing a hide-popup before doing "interrogation" and then
re-popping the "out" layout when the interrogation popup exits.  This
would make only one popup on the screen at a time.

Bottom line:  don't make a modal dialog pop up a modal dialog... it's
probably not the most logical concept.

Sterling