From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the Rebol list though I have been following the progress of
Rebol for a while. I was wondering if their is a Palm/OS version of Rebol
anticipated.

> Thanks for all your input!
>
> Tom Schaeper

Hi, Tom,
You may have figured out that there is a 15-20 minute delay in the relaying
of posts:-)

Here is an excerpt from a message a couple weeks ago:
>From Jeff on 11-Apr-2001:

  Yes, the REBOL Palm port lives in a border town next to the
  realm of "possibility".  REBOL has even been compiled for
  Palm before, but the problem is that in order for REBOL to
  run (or even to boot) a segmentation paging scheme (virtual
  memory) has to be used.  Under such a scheme, page faults
  would occur constantly.  More time would be spent moving
  memory than in being an interpreter. As you approach the
  problem of a REBOL Palm port, it becomes increasingly
  infeasible.

  The other approach is to hack the memory protection of Palm
  OS.  This isn't acceptable, though, because of the potential
  for accidentally hurting other apps or data on the pda.

  There's still more issues, from Palm's event model and how
  REBOL's works, potentially workable, but still an issue.

  And how do you write scripts -- in graffiti?? Storing and
  load scripts from the database?

  Anyhow, there were enough demonstrable problems with it that
  we scrapped consideration of the Palm -- to the
  disappointment of many.

  -jeff