The following statement works in my script...

cgi-input: retrieve-user-data
message-action-cgi cgi-input

The function 'retrieve-user-data successfully transfers the CGI input into
the variable 'cgi-input and subsequently, the 'message-action-cgi function
successfully processes the cgi-input variable. The cgi-input object
includes three values: messageType, messageID, and actionType. I test the
above statements using a URL, as such...

http://www.fargonews.com/cgi-bin/messages.cgi?actionType=display&messageType=news&messageID=none

But if I try to add error-checking so that it will default to using a
pre-defined object!, it does not work.

if error? try [
    cgi-input: retrieve-user-data
    message-action-cgi cgi-input
][
    no-cgi-input: make object! [
        messageType: "news"
        messageID: "none"
        actionType: "display"
    ]
    message-action-cgi no-cgi-input
]

I've been working on this little problem for a long time now. Can anyone
see what I'm doing wrong?

Ryan C. Christiansen
Web Developer

Intellisol International
4733 Amber Valley Parkway
Fargo, ND 58104
701-235-3390 ext. 6671
FAX: 701-235-9940
http://www.intellisol.com

Global Leader in People Performance Software

Confidentiality Notice
This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you in
error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it,
and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]