Well, if you're using Gnome, you can create a launcher and check the box
that's saying "Run in shell".  Then, it'll open the shell window
(frozen) and the view window.  When you press "Console", the View goes
away and console starts in that shell window.

--
Sincerely,

Alex Polkhovsky
Senior Consultant