Brett Handley wrote:

> Now imagine you are looking at the source using an enhanced viewer. What if
> you could name (or comment) a given code block (I know we can but just bear
> with me). Now the trick is that if you magic-click the code-block it
> collapses into it's associated name (or short description). So visually your
> function is now far simpler yet still only one function.

Not REBOL but....

When I'm coding C/C++ I use emacs (death to vi!) which has a minor mode
called Hide-Show. Using that I can do things like (pulling some code from a
recent project):

/** Voltage chart text formatter.
  *  This replaces special "$" codes in the specified format string with
  *  values taken from upsStatus. Please see the switch in the body of the
  *  function for details about which codes are recognised. All unrecognised
  *  codes or other characters are simply copied to the buffer.
  *
  *  \par Arguments:
  *  \arg \c buffer - Destination buffer.
  *  \arg \c size - number of characters available in buffer (not inc \n).
  *  \arg \c format - Format string to process into buffer.
  *
  *  \todo Find a way to unify formatVoltText(), formatFreqText() and
  *  formatTempText() to reduce the amount of replication between them (maybe
  *  use varargs and pass the values to replace code with in that way?)
  */
static void formatVoltText(gchar *buffer, gint size, gchar *format)...

If I then shift-middleclick on the function name I can show the body of the
function, a shift-middleclick in the function body reduces it to the
function name and parameter list followed by "..." again.

Is this what you mean?

Chris

--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \