Like Gregg Irwin, I too don't want to be a stick-in-the-mud,
but...

 I thought I might venture to make a suggestion.  Perhaps
this dbms thread might be better served by making it a
sourceforge project, or hosting it at a similar site?  Don't get
me wrong, it sounds like a great project and has generated
a lot of interesting thoughts and ideas.  But by moving it to
sourceforge it would:

1. clear up this mailing list a bit (since the bulk of the
messages lately are about this project)
2. would provide a place to store files and manage the
project
3. might even get other developers interested who haven't
even heard of REBOL yet (how sad) and who don't
subscribe to the REBOL mailing lists.

Just a suggestion :-)

mike