Okay, here's another comment from someone who hasn't really worked with
this material.  I believe someone else's solution was to, essentially,
create a new object.  What about that?  Sort of like children/evolution - if
something like that needs to be changed, couldn't you instead create a new
copy of ObjA with the additional info, then erase ObjA and replace it with
ObjA.1?