Hi, Brett

> Thus a big difference for understanding the two is that:
> * View makes an event "concrete" using objects and it dispatches
> these events to developer defined functions.
> *Rugby "eats" the event and instead focusses on providing a
> pidgeon hole (ticket) for the function results.
>
> This means that currently a Rugby developer has to, in effect, re-create the
> consumed event through polling. I wonder then, if Rugby provided a
> dispatch system, whether it would be more understandable. Please note,
> I'm quite unaware of the impact on the Rugby design this idea implies.

Is this what you want?

 - client send a request to the server port and ask for an anwer on a given
port
 - client go to wait on his port
 - server awakes for the client request and makes what the request asked
 - server send an answer to the client port
 - server wait
 - client awakes because receveis the answer

 So the "ticket" should be only a client port to wait for.

 This is the mode in which async code was executed by ARexx on old Amiga.

---
Ciao
Romano