Hi Brett,

> You confimed my suspicision. As the ctx-text/edit feel object is now, there
> is no simple way to extend the functionality. Adding a flag to the face is a
> good idea.
>
> Maybe there should be some special user-defined editing function that can
> be called for easy extended functionality.

A little less hack (i use face/user-data for flag):

ctx-text/insert-char: func [face char] bind [
    delete-selected-text
    if not same? head face/text head view*/caret [view*/caret: at face/text
index? view*/caret]
    face/dirty?: true
    ;---changed part---
    view*/caret: insert view*/caret either all [
        string? face/user-data face/user-data = "--upper--"
    ][
        first uppercase form char
    ][
        char
    ]
] in ctx-text 'self

l: layout [f: field "" with [user-data: "--upper--"]]
view l

---
Ciao
Romano