At 22.07 17/02/02, you wrote:

>I'm trying to write a program that reads binary data from fd 0
>(stdin). Is there any way to accomplish that with REBOL?

stdin is system/ports/input. You'll have to do something like:

    set-modes system/ports/input [binary: yes]
    data: copy system/ports/input

You'll need to set it back to string if you need to get input from
the user later (but it's likely you don't, if you're piping data
from another process).

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amigan -- AGI L'Aquila -- REB: http://web.tiscali.it/rebol/index.r