Hi Porter,

<< In this case, "example" is being used as a prototype object.  It is
cloned
(rather a new instance of it is created) as "timer".  In theory (unless I'm
missing something) "timer" is now seperate from the original "example" and
can be modified independently.  New variables and functions can be added to
"timer" without affecting "example". >>

The issue, as I understand it, is that you can't add new functions and
variables to TIMER. It's set of words is fixed when it is created and cannot
be extended. You would have to create a new object, based on TIMER, in order
to add new words to it.

--Gregg