From: "Porter Woodward"
> All -
>
> what about making index.r files visible to search engines?  Depending on
how
> much control over your web server you have, it could be easy to serve
> index.r as the default for directories.  Apache and IIS make this a
> relatively trivial process.  Just setup the server to serve index.r,
> index.html, index.htm, etc. In that order.
>
> Now - you may ask - what happens when a plain-jane web browser hits that
> index.r?  Well, unless we have a standard way of detecting the requestor
> (e.g. browser type) and taking the appropriate action, it won't do us much
> good.  So every index.r (or other publicly accessible rebol page) should
> probably do a quick check to see if it's being requested by a REBOL
client -
> if so it should just hand over the code.  Otherwise, it should probably
> print some nice HTML message for older browsers to understand.

Hi, Porter,

A file contaning something like the following works on my wife's website.
IE opens it as a webpage.  /View opens the embedded REBOL script.

Hello, World!
<!--
[
rebol[]
view layout [text "Hello, World!"]
]
-->

That is a very clever idea that you have.  I don't know why it wasn't more
obvious earlier.

--Scott Jones