I find these standard functions wrong (beyond they have the same comment):

win-offset?: func [
    {Given any face, returns its screen absolute offset.}
    face [object!]
    /local xy
][
    xy: 0x0
    while [face] [if face/parent-face [xy: xy + face/offset] face:
face/parent-face]
    xy
]
screen-offset?: func [
    {Given any face, returns its screen absolute offset.}
    face [object!]
    /local xy
][
    xy: face/offset
    while [face/parent-face] [face: face/parent-face xy: xy + face/offset]
    xy
]

The problem is that they do not add the edge size of panels.

Are I right?

The first is an important function because it is used at every event by

system/view/screen-face/feel/event-funcs/1

and by

system/view/wake-event

The second is used only by system/words/choose.

---
Ciao
Romano